Sunday, February 7, 2010

Loot Day – December 25, 2009

Santa Really Does Exist
Actually that should be Christmas Day, but I always look forward to the “loot” I receive for the railroad.

The year was really good! My wonderful family got together and purchased a NCE PowerCab for the layout. They just let me borrow it.

012410 025

The NCE PowerCab is a digital command control (DCC) station to run trains with. Each locomotive on the layout has a decoder added to the motor to control it. The command station sends a signal to the locomotive to do various things like going forward, backward, speed up, slow down, turn on the head light and other things.

I should have been a hand model.

I also received a new addition to my Lego train collection. Always a fun way to spend Christmas day building a new Lego piece.

10017-1

Other loot that I received included a scale truck for the upcoming farm scene, track laying tools, weathering powders for structures and rolling stock and gift certificate to a local hobby shop. Thanks family for keeping my addiction going.

30201 81632_R82839_R

No comments:

Post a Comment