Friday, October 16, 2009

Layout Construction - June 30, 2009

Testing the plan
On this day, I decided to check the accuracy of the XTrkcad program I was using to design the track plan. I laid out the prints from the program on the benchwork to get a feel for the layout (This is Great Falls yard). I designed the yard tracks to all curve slightly to make room for the grain elevator on the right. (The grain elevator will be cut down to hide the pipe coming out of the wall.) I wanted to make sure the curve and track spacing would not cause interference.

063009 016

This another view of the yard.

063009 020

Just having some fun using the close-up feature on the camera. Looks like I need to clean the real world weathering from the top of the caboose.

063009 022

 

063009 027

No comments:

Post a Comment