Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Layout Construction - Update #10

Falls Yard Updates
The yard tracks for Falls have been completed. I guess this means that all trackage for the layout is complete. I probably should have some sort of celebration for a golden spike ceremony, but I am just glad the track work is completed. Now it’s time to begin planning some real operating sessions. I do need to run some trains on a regular basis to discover where the flaws in my track work are and make needed repairs.

Click on the photos to enlarge them.

DSC_0018_1

Locomotive Storage Area
Now that operations are ready to begin I needed someplace within easy reach to change out locomotives. Rolling stock is stored in moveable drawers at the far end of the layout. Locomotives were being stored in some additional drawers on the opposite side of the room. A situation that is not very convenient for the person in charge staging trains. To solve this problem I installed small shelves above the staging tracks. This also helps to remind me of  work that needs to be done to some of the locos. Details, DCC decoders, paint, weathering and more are just waiting to done, No more out of sight and out of mind!

DSC_0022_1

No comments:

Post a Comment